Wanting to move to NYC. Need some advice on how to approach the situation effectively.?

So I'm an 18 year old college student in Philadelphia and I currently live with my parents. I kind of want to start a new life and move to a great city like NYC. I'm currently at a Community College and not sure if I should finish my two years there first then move to NYC or if I should move to NYC and... show more So I'm an 18 year old college student in Philadelphia and I currently live with my parents. I kind of want to start a new life and move to a great city like NYC. I'm currently at a Community College and not sure if I should finish my two years there first then move to NYC or if I should move to NYC and become a resident until I'm able to attend a community college there. I've been doing some research and I know that the first thing I need is a job in order to even pay for rent at an apartment but I can't seem to find the best way to do what I want.

Any advice?