promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the difference between a CNA, a medical assistant, and a patient care tech?

I wanted to be a cna but cant find a nearby college that offers cna so my options are medical assistant or patient care tech. I do habe adhd and qualify for autism so i would need the easier one school wise.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A patient care technician is basically a combination of CNA *and* medical assistant, the latter to include EKG (electrocardiogram) testing and phlebotomy (drawing blood). Please be aware that the job of a CNA alone may be both emotionally and physically draining, much less with the additional job task requirements.

Please do some "job shadowing" (observing) before taking pre-req courses and/or signing up for training (with prior staff approval). It's wise to continue doing one's research and due diligence before "jumping into" a certain field.

Please also consider *vocational rehabilitation* as you apparently may have adhd and/or autism. The vocational rehab counselor may do some career testing, which may help narrow down some career choices that are suitable for the person's strengths, passions and interests. It might take a couple of months to get an appointment with the local "County" Vocational Rehabilitation Center, though, as a lot of individuals are seeking their services.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tro
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

patient care tech is probably more in line with your physical abilities

• 2 years ago

The easiest (training-wise) would be CNA, actually. CNAs give patient care to people in the hospital, vitals, means, baths, toileting, turning, etc. MA is for doc's offices and clinics and they give shots, draw blood, do procedures, ECGs etc as well as vitals and chart, do front office, appointments, billing etc. A PCT is pretty much interchangeable with a CNA, so that would be the closest in your area/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.