Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 years ago

Will a 1050 Ti bottleneck on an AMD A10-5800K?

I built a computer somewhat on a budget a couple years ago. I have been using on board graphics, though I want to get a graphics card to run games in higher quality. I have heard of bottleneck issues with the APU's and was wondering if anybody knows if it will work. My build is as follows:

MSI A68HM-E33

AMD A10-5800K

8GB HyperX Fury RAM

WD Blue 1TB drive

Here is the link to the graphics card: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N...

• Fulano

Remember, if it does bottleneck the CPU, it simply means the GPU is being used fully and the CPU is waiting on the GPU.

It's not a bad thing, computers are always waiting on the part with the biggest load.

The easy way to tell though is look in Task Manager in Windows 10. It shows you how much of the GPU and CPU a program is using. If it's maxing out the GPU then the game is waiting on the GPU. If it isn't maxing out the GPU then it's probably waiting on the CPU, though there are other things that could have the CPU and GPU waiting.

Also MSI Afterburner is able to show you the CPU and GPU load in game, which makes it easier to track if you don't have two monitors to just watch the activity in a 2nd monitor.