promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I step down as coach?

Just took over a senior men’s softball team. President of my league informed me that my pitcher had just been sentenced to 25 years in prison for some Ponsi Scheme against the elderly. Should I step down for allowing that kind of culture to go on under my nose? Only been coach 2 weeks, we haven’t had our first practice yet. I failed to get a proper background check.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

nope

• ricky
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Hopes this lends credibility to your one word answer. Giving you best answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Unless the League President "suggests" you step down, there's no reason to do so. The League President told you this because he knew you didn't know about the sentencing and wanted you to be aware of it.

• 2 years ago

Not your fault, if he just got sentenced, that means he was convicted before you were ever coach.

• 2 years ago

Yes, but not for the failure of providing a ethical culture. You need to step down because of your dangerous paranoia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

If he had just been "sentenced" then he would have to have been going through the court process for at least 6 months. Meaning he was arrested long before you were coach... And therefore has nothing to do with you. As long as this is true, which doesn't seem likely. This seems like kind of a weak attempt at trolling.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Within 2 weeks, you wouldn't be expected to discover the truth about that one player. If you want the job, stay.

• 2 years ago

It is not your job to do background checks on the players.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

There's no proof that Trump has done anything yet. It doesn't look good, but there's not evidence yet. Gates could be trying to save his own rear by telling Mueller what he wants to hear. However, I think that's unlikely. It's an option on the table though, as there's no evidence to suggest otherwise just yet. This isn't the best argument. Please just be patient and try to be civil.

• 2 years ago

25 years? how come i don't see this on the news. Making it up?

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

http://www.kswo.com/story/37359689/suspicious-okc-death-turns-into-search-for-fraud-suspect

http://fox2now.com/2014/12/05/son-charged-with-murder-in-fathers-beating-death/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.