Should I step down as coach?

Just took over a senior men’s softball team. President of my league informed me that my pitcher had just been sentenced to 25 years in prison for some Ponsi Scheme against the elderly. Should I step down for allowing that kind of culture to go on under my nose? Only been coach 2 weeks, we haven’t had our first practice yet. I failed to get a proper background check.

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

nope

• ricky
      2 years agoReport

Hopes this lends credibility to your one word answer. Giving you best answer.

• ,

Unless the League President "suggests" you step down, there's no reason to do so. The League President told you this because he knew you didn't know about the sentencing and wanted you to be aware of it.

Not your fault, if he just got sentenced, that means he was convicted before you were ever coach.

Yes, but not for the failure of providing a ethical culture. You need to step down because of your dangerous paranoia.

If he had just been "sentenced" then he would have to have been going through the court process for at least 6 months. Meaning he was arrested long before you were coach... And therefore has nothing to do with you. As long as this is true, which doesn't seem likely. This seems like kind of a weak attempt at trolling.

• martin

Within 2 weeks, you wouldn't be expected to discover the truth about that one player. If you want the job, stay.

It is not your job to do background checks on the players.

There's no proof that Trump has done anything yet. It doesn't look good, but there's not evidence yet. Gates could be trying to save his own rear by telling Mueller what he wants to hear. However, I think that's unlikely. It's an option on the table though, as there's no evidence to suggest otherwise just yet. This isn't the best argument. Please just be patient and try to be civil.

25 years? how come i don't see this on the news. Making it up?

• Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

http://www.kswo.com/story/37359689/suspicious-okc-death-turns-into-search-for-fraud-suspect

http://fox2now.com/2014/12/05/son-charged-with-murder-in-fathers-beating-death/