Is it cheating to use a math calculator in class when allowed to?

I consider people who use a calculator to add and subtract problems to be too easy and I consider it cheating because I think people should know how to do math by hand. If you are in a Math class when you are allowed to use a calculator, isn’t this cheating? Why would some Math classes allow you to use a calculator... show more I consider people who use a calculator to add and subtract problems to be too easy and I consider it cheating because I think people should know how to do math by hand. If you are in a Math class when you are allowed to use a calculator, isn’t this cheating? Why would some Math classes allow you to use a calculator but others won’t allow you? Isn’t it cheating in general to do math problems by a calculator because you know you are going to be 100 percent right and not have a challenge to do problems by hand with using scratch paper?