My boyfriend lacks ambition?

(UK) Hi everyone, so here's the deal. I'm 18, currently sitting A-Levels. I want to go to university this year to study Psychology with Neuroscience and travel. I'm a good student and try my best. My boyfriend: he didn't get into the same College as me as he failed all but one of his GCSEs... show more (UK) Hi everyone, so here's the deal. I'm 18, currently sitting A-Levels. I want to go to university this year to study Psychology with Neuroscience and travel. I'm a good student and try my best. My boyfriend: he didn't get into the same College as me as he failed all but one of his GCSEs (C,D,D,E,E,E,E,E,F) and is now in a college notorious to have failing students who don't care. He wants to be a professional photographer and work for national geographic despite his only qualification in photography being at an E grade. He now does a level 3 BTEC in creative media and is resitting his Maths GCSE and Science. I have a job, he does not. He couldn't afford to buy me anything on Valentine's Day so I took him out for a meal and paid for it all. I get angry because I'm worried for his future. I tell him to try and he says "I do try, you don't see me at college working!" He doesn't seem to be taking things seriously and it upsets me because I only want the best for him. My parents get angry and tell me I can do better and I'll find someone better at University. I've told him many times how concerned I am with his future. He spends his time on the PS4 when he's not at college and be despite (according to him) applying to every job in town, he's got no job offers. Probably because of his lack of qualifications and work experience. I love him and want him to do well in life. How do I wake him up? I started dating him before I knew he failed. Before everything changed. What do I do?
4 answers 4