My dog has food aggression?

My dog is just over one year old, we got him at 12 weeks from a place filled with dogs much larger than him, and from the glimpses we got of the kitchen he was shut in with the other dogs, he probably had to fight to get the food. Now, he’s tiny, chihuahua x poodle. But both, I’ve heard and from experience, are... show more My dog is just over one year old, we got him at 12 weeks from a place filled with dogs much larger than him, and from the glimpses we got of the kitchen he was shut in with the other dogs, he probably had to fight to get the food.
Now, he’s tiny, chihuahua x poodle. But both, I’ve heard and from experience, are genetically aggressive breeds.
He’s always been aggressive over extra food more than his dinner. Treats, or our food, he will sit and beg, and if he doesn’t get given something fast enough, he will lunge at any nearbye animals, people, objects (the vacuum pipe has taken a beating)
But with his dinner food, I can walk right up to him and take it away.
I’m unsure of how to calm him.