Can a material with a low yield strength deform a material with a greater yield strength? (See Details)?

I have a problem I'm working on in a structures class and I'm wondering the above. But as I'm typing this, I'm starting to think a material with a low yield strength can do this, but would it be negligible? For example, if you heated a copper ring so that it can JUST fit over a steel rod, when it... show more I have a problem I'm working on in a structures class and I'm wondering the above. But as I'm typing this, I'm starting to think a material with a low yield strength can do this, but would it be negligible? For example, if you heated a copper ring so that it can JUST fit over a steel rod, when it cooled, would the copper ring have deformed the steel rod enough to matter? Thanks in advance!