Am i worrying too much about my Dog?

I live in a noble home with my brother. We both own half. My apbt stays outside while I'm at work, because my brothers shitsshitsu always attacks my dog whenever she goes near him. Sometimes the shitzu follows my dog around just to snap at her. My dog has snapped back twice and punctured the shitzshitzus skin.... show more I live in a noble home with my brother. We both own half. My apbt stays outside while I'm at work, because my brothers shitsshitsu always attacks my dog whenever she goes near him. Sometimes the shitzu follows my dog around just to snap at her. My dog has snapped back twice and punctured the shitzshitzus skin. Nothing serious, but it made him bleed. Other than that, my apbt is the most friendly dog. Anyway. She's being staying outside while I'm at work. It's been pretty cold lately. I'm the lower 40s. It's going to be in the 30s next week and I'm terrified of leaving her outside. She has a pretty warm dog house, but I'm not sure if it's warm enough. I really want to get a dog door, but my brother said it's not a good idea because the dogs will be together. I suggested we build a barrier or just leave his dog in his big room with his pee pads. His dog his probably only left alone for about 4 hours a day if that, but I would really like my dog to be able to come in and get warm when shes cold. My brother and father say I'm worrying about nothing. I know they meen well, but i just don't think they know what they are talking about. She seems to do fine in 40 degrees, but if something bad happens to her on my watch, I just couldn't live with the guilt. So should I just get a dog door regardless of what my brother and dad says? I know they are going to be posses if i do, but I think it would be worth it. Sorry for spelling like a 12 year old. I'm in a hurry.
5 answers 5