How to avoid comfort eating when trying to lose weight?

The biggest hindrance to me losing weight is stress. When I get really stressed out I get really hungry and crave the worst kind of food. Every piece of advice people have given me has been completely worthless. Cardio and weight training only makes it worse, yoga did nothing, music doesn't do anything, I tried... show more The biggest hindrance to me losing weight is stress. When I get really stressed out I get really hungry and crave the worst kind of food. Every piece of advice people have given me has been completely worthless. Cardio and weight training only makes it worse, yoga did nothing, music doesn't do anything, I tried drinking water till I practically exploded with no benefit. Hell I even tried Valium a friend gave to me and it didn't help. I know you are all going to say don't keep junk food in the house but the problem is within a mile radius there is 5 convenience stores, 3 pizza places, 2 diners, 3 bakeries, 2 bars that sell food, a Portuguese place with giant lunch specials for 6 bucks, 1 fried chicken place, and 2 Chinese restaurants so even if I don't have it in the house, it's all to easy to access.
4 answers 4