What are 5 events that contributed to the civil war?
That helped the war happen. I will need to know who was involved and where the situation took place.
- Louie OLv 72 years agoFavorite Answer
1. The Fugitive Slave Act, passed as part of the Compromise of 1850. It stated anyone (even people in free states) that helped escaped slaves or didn't return them to their owners were subject to a fine and/or imprisonment.
2. The 1857 Dred Scott v. Sanford Supreme Court case. It stated slaves were property and could not become US citizens.
3. John Brown's 1859 raid on the US armory at Harpers Ferry, Virginia. (West Virginia today). He was hoping to start a slave rebellion by arming slaves with weapons from the armory.
4. Lincoln elected President in Nov. 1860.
5. South Carolina secedes from the Union in Dec. 1860.
- Anonymous2 years ago
Well, the enslavement by white fuckbags of innocent black people named Joe, and Mary, and John, and Linda, and their unnamed child who died young. That's five. There were millions of others.
- MaxiLv 72 years ago
Civil War in which country in the world? There was more than one!
- AndrewLv 72 years ago
Exactly which civil war do you refer to as THE civil war? There have been quite a few.
The ones in China? England? Ethiopia? Greece? Ireland? Korea? Lebanon? Russia? Spain? Sudan? Syria? The United States?