The Justice League, the Avengers, or the Watchmen?

Which team is your favorite or the most interesting to you and why. I find the psychological realism of Watchmen vastly more interesting than the others, but I have a soft spot for the Justice League because of the Bruce Timm cartoon. Try not to make it a DC vs Marvel thing please.

Favorite Answer

The Watchmen mini-series might be the best thing either DC or Marvel ever published. Legitimately stands with the best graphic novels of all time, and that is for all genres not just superheros. It is one of only a handful of DC and Marvel published books you can say that about. That being said, what I have read of the "Before Watchmen" books kinda sucked. So it is probably not the characters themselves that were so great so much as Alan Moore.

Justice League

Watchmen was fun, but it was a finite story with finite interest. If it tried to go on as long as JL or Avengers, it would have fallen apart. Of these, I like Avengers more than JL because I simply know them better. But X-Men beat all three hands down.

I personally prefer the Justice League. I just love Batman, Superman, and all the rest. One thing I don't like about The Avengers is how many of my favorite Marvel characters (namely Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Daredevil) are at best part time members of the team. One thing DC does right is making their best superheroes the essential parts of the team.

Even though I love the Watchmen, I'm going to have to rank them the last of the 3 teams. I mean, they had 1 great graphic novel and 1 great (but criminally underrated) movie, but both the Justice League and Avengers have so much more.

The Avengers for me. I don't like how they changed up the story line with Justice League, and how Supperman died. And the Watchmen was good, but it was only one movie, and I do not go to read that many comic books any more.