Can you cash a payroll check if you don t have an account and the company that issued the check is at the bank you owe?

Ran into some family troubles, skipped work for a year and got backed up on my account with late fees up to 300, 2-3 years ago, tho I got a new job and I don t have an account anywhere I tried cashing my check Thur Walmart couldn t cash it cause their check system from what I read online doesn t work 7/10 times... show more Ran into some family troubles, skipped work for a year and got backed up on my account with late fees up to 300, 2-3 years ago, tho I got a new job and I don t have an account anywhere I tried cashing my check Thur Walmart couldn t cash it cause their check system from what I read online doesn t work 7/10 times even on government checks. The bank is Chase and I live in CA, they sent me a letter of closure for the account a year so if I go there and say I don t have an account do they run my name and will it pop up or do the just verify with ID that it s me? And I know fml