Plugging a Sony home theater blu ray player into a Samsung TV HDMI input and sound on the TV goes out. What's happening?

I don't understand why that would happen? The TV is set to the cable HDMI input. Nothing should happen until I set the TV to the blu ray input

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You have plugged your Sony HTS into the HDMI-ARC socket on the read of your Sammy TV. If everything is set properly your TV should be turning the HTS on and if you turn the volume up on the HTS you should be getting the sound from your TV coming out through the HTS!

If it's not doing this then you need to change a setting on the HTS to enable CEC which will let the TV turn the HTS on!

If you don't want the TV to do all this then all you need to do is plug the HTS into a different HDMI port on the TV.

*For more info look open up the on-screen help manual on your sammy TV and look at the HDMI-ARC section!

**Your TV is actually doing exactly what it is supposed to do when set up properly, you can also over-ride this from the audio menu (expert) on the TV!

• Lv 7
    3 years ago

bad HDMI cable. try a different one.

if that doesn't fix it, wiggle the connector on each end, and see which causes sound to go out. if it is the TV end, the TV is bad, if the BR player, then it is bad.

sorry.

• 3 years ago

I do not clearly understand the problem description. Please state in order, what you are doing, and the TV's response. Meantime, scan through your manual.

• 3 years ago

you might need to turn something off in the sony menu. your tv thinks you have plugged in an Output device not an Input one(probably). perhaps your home theater system has outputs for some surround sound speaker system and is taking control....weird stuff this HDMI.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.