Can someone help me with these physics?

At one point in the film, the camera zooms in on the freeway, revealing that the freeway has no incline. This means that the bus’s initial velocity is perfectly horizontal. Assume the bus was traveling at 70 mph (31 m/s). What is the x-component of the bus’s initial velocity for this scenario? - I got 31m/s for... show more At one point in the film, the camera zooms in on the freeway, revealing that the freeway has no incline. This means that the bus’s initial velocity is perfectly horizontal. Assume the bus was traveling at 70 mph (31 m/s).
What is the x-component of the bus’s initial velocity for this scenario?
- I got 31m/s for this
What is the y-component of the bus’s initial velocity for this scenario?
- I got 0m/s for this
Watch the film clip, using a stopwatch to determine the time that the bus was in the air.
- I timed the scene: 7.29s

Use this time to determine the vertical (y) distance the bus would have fallen before landing on the other side.
- This part hereafter is what I need help with

Would it be physically possible for the bus to land on the other side of the overpass in this scenario?

Scenario #II: Analysis with 5 degrees of incline [θ = 5°]
Now let’s give the moviemakers the benefit of the doubt and assume that the freeway was on a slight incline of 5 degrees above the horizontal. Assume the bus was still traveling at a speed of 31 m/s.

In this scenario, would the bus have landed safely on the other side of the overpass?
1 answer 1