Debt collector from another state spoofing their phone number to show up local to me?

It is legal for a debt collection agency to spoof their phone number? This is a real debt collector, and I do have a collection for a Comcast bill with said debt collector (I pull my credit report yearly). So yes I know the debt is there, and yes I will pay it when I am able to. BUT what I really want to know is if... show more It is legal for a debt collection agency to spoof their phone number? This is a real debt collector, and I do have a collection for a Comcast bill with said debt collector (I pull my credit report yearly). So yes I know the debt is there, and yes I will pay it when I am able to. BUT what I really want to know is if it is legal or not for them to spoof their phone number. Their offices are in different states than mine. But when they call it shows up as a local number to my location.