Should I give my niece pocket money?

I've been a terrible uncle and I feel really guilty about it but I just have no idea what kids want nowadays. She's 8 and I am 27. I been on benefits for a year but now I'm working and making a decent wage. I was thinking of giving her £5 a week through a top up card via direct debit. I missed out on 8... show more I've been a terrible uncle and I feel really guilty about it but I just have no idea what kids want nowadays. She's 8 and I am 27. I been on benefits for a year but now I'm working and making a decent wage. I was thinking of giving her £5 a week through a top up card via direct debit. I missed out on 8 years of birthdays and Christmas, should it be £10 a week?
Update: Or should I just but her something big? I feel so guilty for not getting her anything during Christmas
Update 2: My brother and his ex obviously split up and it's like I have to obey his ex when it comes to all gifts.