Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Does your church or local community have a food bank? Better hope so if you lose your job or become disabled?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • kate
    Lv 6
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of churches where I live either have a food bank or help those in need. I am under no impression that churches do not serve their community. As someone who was in Houston during Harvey, many religious organizations (for lack of a better word) did come through for the community. Lakewood was a bad example.

But they’re a bad example of a lot of things, in my opinion.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Probably nothing can save you ; except God ; where you believe you have to give everything away anyway .

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yes my city Statesboro Georgia has several food banks I have worked as a fundraiser for the local food bank in Statesboro to help them get up the money to pay the bills

• 3 years ago

We DO.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Our county has a food bank. It accepts monthly donations, as I'm sure they all do. Find yours online and sign up to help.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

yes

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Obviously you live in the USA. Most civilised countries have social programmes to help less fortunate citizens.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Of course

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

They do, but not a very good one. I'm told they're better in Tualatin than Milwaukie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.