Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Does your church or local community have a food bank? Better hope so if you lose your job or become disabled?

• kate
    Favorite Answer

A lot of churches where I live either have a food bank or help those in need. I am under no impression that churches do not serve their community. As someone who was in Houston during Harvey, many religious organizations (for lack of a better word) did come through for the community. Lakewood was a bad example.

But they’re a bad example of a lot of things, in my opinion.

• ?

Probably nothing can save you ; except God ; where you believe you have to give everything away anyway .

Yes my city Statesboro Georgia has several food banks I have worked as a fundraiser for the local food bank in Statesboro to help them get up the money to pay the bills

We DO.

Our county has a food bank. It accepts monthly donations, as I'm sure they all do. Find yours online and sign up to help.

yes

Obviously you live in the USA. Most civilised countries have social programmes to help less fortunate citizens.

Of course

They do, but not a very good one. I'm told they're better in Tualatin than Milwaukie.