My husband lied to SSI about his residence and marital status how will this affect us?

I recently just lost my job after two weeks of working at a fast food restaurant. At this job I was only working one day a week and it was part time 11.00/hr at Tim Horton's and was still struggling to make it. I have Audio Processing Disorder and it's very hard for me to work and concentrate in loud... show more I recently just lost my job after two weeks of working at a fast food restaurant. At this job I was only working one day a week and it was part time 11.00/hr at Tim Horton's and was still struggling to make it. I have Audio Processing Disorder and it's very hard for me to work and concentrate in loud environments as I have some difficulty listening and following multi step directions. I'm currently looking for work all over again. I have a 2 year old son(from a previous relationship), myself and my husband who is disabled to look after. I am 22 years old and have had my fair share of jobs and I am ready to go to college to improve and make something out of myself. Right now I am only only getting 190.00 a month in food stamps. I only have 30.00 left. We are struggling. Two days after we got married my husband was going to go to the SSA office and get control of his finances but instead changed his mind for some reason. Now my husband's mom and grandma have revealed to me that during this appointment he did not tell SSI he was married but my husband told me he told them during the day we got married I left him and skipped town? Now his grandmother is still his payee but his mother has been holding on to all of his money he hasn't seen or gotten any of it. My husband told me his mom and grandma forced him to lie to SSI to keep his benefits. His family is saying if he tells SSI the truth he will automatically go to jail and get cut off SSI