How does this animal whisper thing happen (dogs, horses, pets, birds, etc.)?

Here's the thing. I've always had this odd way of understanding animals and getting animals to trust me when others have failed. Mostly dogs, horses, and cats. Lately though, I had a massive stroke and awoke no knowing who or what I was. Past several months, I've recovered at extremely rapid, but not... show more Here's the thing. I've always had this odd way of understanding animals and getting animals to trust me when others have failed. Mostly dogs, horses, and cats. Lately though, I had a massive stroke and awoke no knowing who or what I was. Past several months, I've recovered at extremely rapid, but not unheard of rate. Not all of it good. But among the positives, I now seem to have this weird ability to understand and communicate (w/out words) to any type animal - tame or not - instantly. Once encountered, they seem to gravitate towards me and only me in ways I can't possibly comprehend at this time. But it's happening and I'm kind of rolling with it. Now I'm looking for answers.
Update: Update: This thing I have going on w/animals continues in a positive, good way. The stroke I mentioned? Most all memories of who I was have returned. I don't like who I was, but the animal whisperer ability was very obvious then, naturally w/out being trained in that way. Even with birds (I never liked birds).... show more Update: This thing I have going on w/animals continues in a positive, good way. The stroke I mentioned? Most all memories of who I was have returned. I don't like who I was, but the animal whisperer ability was very obvious then, naturally w/out being trained in that way. Even with birds (I never liked birds). I've always sincerely believed every creature on is entitled to live and thrive. I sense their fear of humans and other things.They know I understand and care and not afraid.