Can this hurt my credit? read description?

okay so about in september from last year I got injured working construction and I couldn't work for a while and I had a car loan through ally bank been paying it for over a year now, before I got injured I was paying 500$ a month and my normal payment was 300$ a month. for a year I been making payment like... show more okay so about in september from last year I got injured working construction and I couldn't work for a while and I had a car loan through ally bank been paying it for over a year now, before I got injured I was paying 500$ a month and my normal payment was 300$ a month. for a year I been making payment like that and it got me ahead in car payments, I made my payments online and it said payment due date was in in march 12 2018 and I also received it by mail too, and since I got injured working construction In September of 2017 I decided not to make payment on the car for 4 months due to me not being able to work and I had to use what I had in my savings to pay for my house and stuff ike that.
this is what it say in their website
" Any extra amount you pay over the amount of your regularly scheduled payment is automatically applied to future payments, assuming the account is current and there are no past due payments, late charges or other unpaid charges owed on your account. Each payment, regardless of the amount, is applied this way automatically, so you can make your payments as usual, including any extra amount you like."
I was just wondering if that could affect or hurt my credit in any way because I did not make payments in those 4 months, I wasn't late on my payments I was just ahead, but now i started working and started making payments again