I want to propose to my girlfriend, but I'm concerned she has lied about her sexual history. Does it matter?

We have a great relationship and after two and a half years of being together, I'm starting to think of proposing to her. However, things she says about her past do not add up. She says she has slept with 6 people including me after I told her I slept with five people including her (she asked me first).... show more We have a great relationship and after two and a half years of being together, I'm starting to think of proposing to her.

However, things she says about her past do not add up. She says she has slept with 6 people including me after I told her I slept with five people including her (she asked me first). However, I count potentially 7 and maybe 8 or 9 based on what I saw on FB. She references guys she has dated and on FB there was one guy she seems to have been seeing for two months but has never referred to him before.

Should this not be an issue or would you keep looking into her past until you're satisfied before proposing? She often says she never lies to me and values honesty highly, but if she has lied about this, isn't she a hypocrite?
50 answers 50