Would a tattoo shop actually be a great place for a robber to hold up? (See details for explanation of my theory)?

As a man with at least 30 hours of ink in me, I have used 3 different tattoo shops based on the style I am getting, and they all operate on a cash only basis. You'll find that a lot of them are that way. Some do take plastic, but at least half of them don't, at least in my area. Don't ask me why, but... show more As a man with at least 30 hours of ink in me, I have used 3 different tattoo shops based on the style I am getting, and they all operate on a cash only basis.

You'll find that a lot of them are that way. Some do take plastic, but at least half of them don't, at least in my area. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be a largely cash based industry.

Further, most tattoo shops have websites with an FAQ page that tells you which payment methods they accept, so anyone, including a robber, can find that information in advance.

Let's say a robber selects a shop to rob based on their website saying they are cash only. Most tattoo shops charge in the range of $100-$200 per hour.

What's their most popular day? Almost certainly Saturday. You can go into most shops saturday night and find a large crowd hanging out in the lou ge waiting for their turn.

A robber could enter a cash only tattoo shop on a Saturday night with a gun, order everyone on the ground, and rob the register with the take of the busy day in it. He could then order all the tattoo artists to empty their pockets of tips, and all the clients to empty their pockets of the cash they all have on them to pay for their tattoo.

He could make off with 10k easily, all without the security of a jewelry store or the risk of dye packs and tracking devices banks use.

Do you see any flaws in my logic, or is there no better place to knock off than a cash only tattoo shop on a Saturday night?