I Stopped Using Asian Martial Arts Because of Cultural Appropriation?

I'm half Peruvian and half afro-brazillian. In my college many asian students seem to hate the idea when a non-asian person uses asian martial art (kung fu, taekwondo, karate etc) especially they do this to white people. There was recently a martial arts club started in my university sponsored by a local... show more I'm half Peruvian and half afro-brazillian. In my college many asian students seem to hate the idea when a non-asian person uses asian martial art (kung fu, taekwondo, karate etc) especially they do this to white people.

There was recently a martial arts club started in my university sponsored by a local mma gym and many asian students are doing the whole "non-asians especially white people using our martial arts they are appropriating something that was meant for us" Many of these Asian students actually follow the teachings of people who hated bruce lee for teaching the white man secrets of the Chinese fighting system.

I don't buy into any sjw cultural appropriation ideas. The martial arts I grew up with was taekwondo (korean martial arts) from my mom and capoeira (afro brazillian martial arts) from my dad.

But I have come to resent many of these asian students for being this way that I actually don't want to use any asian martial arts anymore. So now the only martial arts I use and learn from are non asian amrtial arts like Rumi-Kami (Peruvian martial arts) and Capoeira.

Many times these asian students like to claim stuff like "if it wasn't for us asians connoc mcgregor wound't be a good fighter"

I don't buy into cultural appropriation but when many asians in my college act this way I don't wanna touch any east asian thing with a stick, I grow to resent them.

Thoughts?