Which congressional committee is least influenced by super PACs?

I know that the energy and natural resources committees are frequent targets of the oil and coal industries.

But does anyone know which committees are the most insulated from private sector contributors?

I would imagine the Intelligence committees, because the private sector would seem to have virtually nothing to gain from the IC.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ur 180 degrees wrong on intell.

indian affairs might be less targetd by pacs.

• 3 years ago

Very good question, although I would substitute the words "Congressional committees" with "individual Congressional representatives" (be more specific) while doing the "follow the money" investigative approach. Some of our elected public servants are (or try to be) more focused upon being good public servants than others, so try not to paint them all with one brush.

This being said, try the websites sponsored by the Sunlight Foundation that help us---we, the people...the REAL U.S. government if we stay involved---track lobbyist dollars in Washington D.C.: opensecrets.org and littlesis.org. There is also the ReadTheBill.org that becomes especially crucial if you want to peel away the layers of propaganda used by lobbyist-funded hidden-agenda lawmakers (some cited in "DARK MONEY: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" by Jane Mayer, 2017) to sell a bad bill with pretty sounding words while screwing the common folks royally.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.