Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomCardiff · 2 years ago

Do people in Wales like living in Wales, or do they long to travel to other places like London?

I'm from a small town about 4 hours away from New York City, a lot of people here long to move to NYC as it is seen as a really cool place and there's a lot happening there. I was wondering if this was the same way people in Wales feel about London, seeing as it's a huge city or maybe they don't? What do you think?

• TSK

I am from North Wales originally ..Wales is VER split between North and South Wales with MID Wales in the middle!!!Have also lived in Scotland and London and now live in Manchester NOT too far from my part of North Wales...About 50 miles..LOVE Wales but not sure if will live back there for a while...

• John P

The two notions are not mutually exclusive. I live in England, near Wales, yet I sometimes like to travel to London (my daughter lives in London), and Europe. Distances are shorter in the UK than in the USA. A good car journey to London would take me 2 hours, probably 4 or 5 hours from the further reaches of Wales to London.

When I was young, in my 20s, I lived in London for about 3 years but now I am on the edge of countryside near a biggish city.

• pmt853

I live in Cardiff. We have lots of things to do here indoors and outdoors; and the great Welsh countryside with hills, parks, beaches, rivers, mountains, lakes etc is an easy drive away.

I liked to visit London to see a show in Theatreland and maybe visit a museum but after that I'd be glad to return to my rural home.

• keith

I live in Wales and hate it. Fortunately London is only a couple of hours away by fast train.

Nobody wants to go to London. It is full of Londoners, who pay £6 for a pint of beer. Why do you think we put an entry toll charge on the Severn Bridge to discourage them coming to Wales?

Most people who live in Wales I meet seem very happy there.

If they wish to move then it is not hard.