Why do some middle aged men think they're still cool?

I was out last night, and there were a bunch of men in their 30s out for a guys night out. One of them started talking a little bit of crap with one of my friends after one of my friends attempted to pick up a girl, but failed. It didn't escalate at all, but it got me thinking: Do these guys think... show more I was out last night, and there were a bunch of men in their 30s out for a guys night out. One of them started talking a little bit of crap with one of my friends after one of my friends attempted to pick up a girl, but failed.

It didn't escalate at all, but it got me thinking: Do these guys think they're still cool?

Most of these men were in the 32-36 range, so well past their prime. Many are married with kids, and this is probably their one night of freedom in months. I overheard them sharing kid stories, etc. They were acting like they still think they are cool. Thing is, they're all balding, have dadbods, and are otherwise WAY past their physical prime. They also have a ton of responsibilities, and their idea of a wild night entails dinner, going to a bar for 2 hours, and going home by 11 PM. Pathetic. These people need to understand that they are NOT cool anymore.

I am 21, and at the prime of my life. We have not a care in the world, other than school. We have our whole lives ahead of us, and nobody to worry about other than ourselves.

And these old farts think they're cool....