I updated TomTom so why is the map still old?

I did everything correctly, the model wasn't outdated and I accepted the proposed updates. So what exactly is updated if my map is still 4 years old.

Favorite Answer

The free updates are just corrections sent into TomTom by users. To get a total update (like new roads that didn't previously exist), you need to buy the annual update. And updating that map, takes quite a while each time.

Unless you pay for the new map which comes out once a year you only get the free updates that people send in and then it's like the map which is 4 years old gets updated but it's still four years old. I found

• Lv 7

you have to manually set it and then reset the device.

The map? They have thousands of maps. Update have a numbering system.

Did the update actually run? Accepting a proposed update does not install it. You may have to run the update .exe file that downloaded.

• if the system was automated you probably ran into an update problem. for the most part 4 years is still going to be current for gps.