Can the glass table sit directly on the metal frame without the rubber pieces?

I bought a used end table that is has 2 L-shaped metal legs, and the top is a piece of glass that sits on the legs. There are supposed to be 6 little button-size rubber pieces on the frame so that the glass does not rest on the metal directly. Hard to describe but you've probably seen it before. Since my... show more I bought a used end table that is has 2 L-shaped metal legs, and the top is a piece of glass that sits on the legs. There are supposed to be 6 little button-size rubber pieces on the frame so that the glass does not rest on the metal directly. Hard to describe but you've probably seen it before.

Since my table was used when I bought it, most of them were missing, so I had to take them all off. Can the glass sit right on the metal frame? Or can I buy generic replacements somewhere?