What is the best way to get from the Hudson River Hotel to the Metropolitan Museum of Art?

My husband, our friends & I are coming to NYC in March for my Birthday. 1 of the things we'd like to do is go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We will be staying at the Hudson River Hotel at 442 W 36th St, New York and the Museum is at 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY. What is the fastest, easiest, cheapest way... show more My husband, our friends & I are coming to NYC in March for my Birthday. 1 of the things we'd like to do is go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We will be staying at the Hudson River Hotel at 442 W 36th St, New York and the Museum is at 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY. What is the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to get there? Walking, subway, bus, taxi or Uber? If by subway what station would we pick up a subway closest to the hotel we are staying at and what stop would we stop at that'll get us the closest to the museum? Also how much are Metro Cards? Amy help would be appreciated. Thanks!