Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 2 years ago

Is superman: the golden age a good place to start reading comics?

Right... could you elaborate as to why and where you recommend to start then?

• Liar
    Favorite Answer

If you've never read a comic book before and suddenly had an interest in learning what they're about, then my answer would be no. Truth be told, the classic stories from DC tend to be rather silly by modern standards, and would probably turn you off to comics fairly quickly. There are numerous graphic novels that I would suggest that can be read independently, and will do a far better job of giving you a feel of why people love comics.

'Superman: The Golden Age' is more like a coffee-table reader... It's what you keep around because you're a die-hard fan of Superman and just enjoy a harmless comic strip every now and then.

It should also be noted that this comic would obviously not introduce you to the modern DC continuity. So if you want to immerse yourself in what's currently going on with Superman and other DC properties, then this would be a poor choice.

With all that said, I still recommend it if only because it's fun to see where it all started.

No

If you’re talking about the omnibus, then it’s an alright place to start. It’d be better to start with something more modern, if you ask me. Maybe John Byrne’s Man of Steel series.

• MELONS

yes