Should I pursue some form of career in music?

I am a 22 year old guy, I have never really considered doing anything in music because I have always felt that more serious things such as business are more important. But I have this weird thing (talent i guess?) where I just write songs. I don't know but the lyrics just come to me at random times, especially... show more I am a 22 year old guy, I have never really considered doing anything in music because I have always felt that more serious things such as business are more important. But I have this weird thing (talent i guess?) where I just write songs. I don't know but the lyrics just come to me at random times, especially when I am trying to sleep and they are actually good most of the time. I can even imagine the beat that I want to go along with it in my head. I have written poetry for school and people have told me I am really good at that and when I was little one of them even got published in a book. I don't really know if I can sing, I have only ever sung along to songs but I wasn't like really trying or anything but one of my friends who sings said I was good but that was a while ago and a few other people have told me since then. I can't read music notes and I am kind of worried it might be too late for me to get into music. I was thinking maybe I could be a songwriter or something. I am still in college and I am kind of lost right now as to what I want to do with my life. This is the only thing that I have ever really good at or enjoyed doing so I'm thinking I should give it a try but I don't know where to start.
4 answers 4