Why there are way too many "clones" on mobile app games?

I think is fine to have few clones of a game, but an hit game comes out, and many developers try to do almost the same ripoff without any shame or dignity for not being original, while there are already few clones of it, I don't understand the point of this, I am not exaggerating, you see the "Candy Crush" style like 50 times, also Google stopped accepting "Flappy Bird" clones because there were way too many.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Answer

That's because mobile, digital only, games are easy and cheap to clone. Odds are pretty good that if even one person buys your game you will have made at least a little money for almost no overhead. Even if it is a freemium game, you'll still make something off the adds you serve.

If you get lucky, you'll go viral and make a mint.

(Not to mention the fakes, who hope you download and run it accidentally so they can scam all your information.)

• WazUp

Clones but different versions,meh...

Because quick money making abilities. For example with the basic match 3 style, the gameplay style is sort of set in stone, but that doesn't mean developers can't get creative with it. Lots of developers have made unique versions that are NOT like Candy Crush...well, some may still have that candy land feel to it but it's not a blatant ripoff.

One notable example is Sweet Road, look it up. It was one of the first that I quit fooling with Candy Crush over.

Mio

• Bill

The smartphone market is the wild west of video games right now. The entry costs are extremely cheap with little to no quality control so anyone can create a poorly made game and make ad revenue. When someone plays a game on their phone they are usually looking for something that can keep their attention for a few minutes so don't take the game seriously like they do on a dedicated gaming machine.

Cause people want money. Same thing happens with anything that get s popular.