Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 3 years ago

Paul Simon or Art Garfunkel?

Both famous for the band Simon and Garfunkel

Who was more talented and why?

Garfunkel was a popular singer but I must respect Paul Simon as he was more music with guitars etc and he did write practically every song.

He had maybe the better solo career with the very famous album Graceland in 1986, he even had a big selling album that topped the charts in 2016.

Favorite Answer

Not to take anything away from Garfunkel, but clearly Simon was way more talented. He did not have "maybe" the better solo career--there was no comparison between the solo careers of the two of them. Simon could have been a star without Garfunkel, but not vice-versa.

Paul wrote most of their songs, but Art was definitely the better singer. They complimented each other very well. It's too bad they don't get along anymore.

I don't know much about either of those so I would pick Taylor Swift for Best Artist of 2018

• Nathan

It is almost like Lennon or McCartney. Since Simon was the songwriter and sang, it would be him.

• 2017

I grew up with their music back in the 1960's and still love to listen to them. I understand some how that Paul was not that nice to Art

Paul is/was a tad arrogant.

Paul

Paul Simon.

I agree with you.

Paul Simon had a more successful musical career. Garfunkel had some success acting. He was good in Catch - 22.

Paul Simon -- he wrote the songs, and sang plenty of them as well. I also like some of his solo material, whereas I've never really gotten into Garfunkel's.