Bob
Lv 7
Bob asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 2 years ago

How do I get my phone cam to focus on the image in the front instead of the distant background?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on the phone you usually touch the screen where you want the focus to be

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Didn't your 'phone/cam come with INSTRUCTIONS for you to read? While some cell 'phone cams require the user to tap the area o be focused on, others have a spot that will indicated the area of focus and others will have a pre-focused wide-angle lens... depending on brand and model number, yes or YES? You did not indicated what brand or model number you have... and that makes it very difficult for anyone to accurately/properly ascertain the problem you're having. You can probably find the instructions to read on the Internet by writing your 'phone cam and model number in the search engine of your 'puter (or cell 'phone).

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It is possible that your phone's camera has no focussing mechanism, thus always is focussed on distant objects.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

All lenses have a minimum focusing distance. You'll have to find out yours the hard way. Keep moving back until the phone sees the object.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

is the close object the center of attention(as in what the camera mostly sees?

if you hold up a 10in x 12in photo 5 feet away from the camera the phone will go "ooh. theres more back there that my master wants me to get, but its out of focus, ill change that!" when it focuses the behind what you want it to then whatever you are trying to capture has to be the "center of attention"

if this doesnt help you comment back with the phone model number(Settings<about phone< hardware

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.