Why would a girls boyfriend randomly accuse her of cheating?

My bf and I were arguing and had a disagreement. Then we settled it or at least got to an agreement of some sort. Then he asked me to hang out with him but I told him I had to meet someone because I already had plans with them. He asked if it was with a guy and I said no but I didn't want to tell him who it was... show more My bf and I were arguing and had a disagreement. Then we settled it or at least got to an agreement of some sort. Then he asked me to hang out with him but I told him I had to meet someone because I already had plans with them. He asked if it was with a guy and I said no but I didn't want to tell him who it was with (it was with family) because we had just been arguing and I wanted some control cause i was sick of him at that point. But I think he really thought I was seeing a man regardless. Anyway I don't get why he would randomly say that when he knows I don't even have friends.