Do you think that modern people are using victim culture to avoid the fact it's their own fault they're not successful?

*When I say victim culture I am not talking about the #metoo scheme or anything like that. Obviously real victims should be able to speak out* My personal point of view is : This statement would make sense of a lot of things if it were true. For example it would explain why so many feminists and liberals are... show more *When I say victim culture I am not talking about the #metoo scheme or anything like that. Obviously real victims should be able to speak out*

My personal point of view is :

This statement would make sense of a lot of things if it were true. For example it would explain why so many feminists and liberals are unable to debate people who come at them armed with genuine facts. As soon as the facts come out, a lot of them become hysterically angry and seem to feel as though the individual they are debating has attacked them personally. Maybe the reaction is because they do feel personally attacked. By suggesting they are at no disadvantage and are unopressed, you remove their ability to blame something external for their failure to succeed in life as they had hoped? I suppose being able to blame the patriarchy, white privilege or gender discrimination allows you to feel like you were good enough to succeed, it's not your fault you're oppressed. Ultimately I would guess it removes the need to take on board, admittedly painful, responsibility for your own failure?

Ever noticed how the majority of rich, successful women do everything they can to avoid being identified as a feminist? Or how many successful black people condemn black lives matter? I would argue this is because they don't agree that the correct way to solve any discrimination taking place, is to teach a generation that they are victims.

Just a thought, more than open to a civil debate on this idea.