Better TV Show: The Walking Dead vs. Breaking Bad?

Which TV Show do you think is superior and why?

Favorite Answer

Breaking Bad. It's not particularly close.

Here's a secret about TWD...it's not actually that good a show. TWD is one of the best zombie fiction works ever, but that's a WEAK crowd. It's like being awarded for being the smartest moron. Most zombie movies/tv/books are actually bottom-feeding crap. The worst writers and worst directors flock to them because it's an easy buck with no substance. The best zombie fiction is really about the survivors, not the zombies. And to TWDs credit, it is about the survivors.

But these survivors really aren't that interesting. Yes they got a little harder, and a few of them actually had some meaningful character growth like Carol whose rise to Badass of the Century from the abused wife she was is a fun character arc. But most of them...they really aren't interesting.

The reason TWD is so popular is the atrocities. What makes TWD can't-miss-TV is that people love seeing the imaginative horrors that Rick and the gang will encounter or stoop to themselves. The characters suck. The plots are yawners. It's the atrocities.

Breaking Bad on the other hand was a fully realized masterwork of television. It will be remembered for decades as one of the best TV shows ever, right up there with MASH and a few others. Even if MASH or Breaking Bad aren't your cup of tea, you can't deny the power of the story, how each character changed over time, how masterfully the story and dialogue took us through Walt's descent long after he no longer needed the money and his motivation became purely about ego.

Game of thrones

• ctc453

Breaking bad.

Breaking Bad

Breaking bad

Breaking Bad. It had better characters (namely Walt, Gus, and Mike), a much better script, and overall had better acting performances.

Please

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180...

Thats like asking me which child is the favorite. I pick both, sir.

Honestly? The Walking Dead. I think it's a pretty good psychological thriller despite the stupid zombies. It's not a "great" show but I enjoy it in a similar way that I enjoyed Lost before it got stoopid.

I normally like gritty drama (Sopranos, Deadwood, Homeland, etc.) but I found Breaking Bad to be mediocre. I didn't think there was much that was very likable about any of the characters and I really didn't feel much empathy for them, particularly by the final season or two. The chicken guy was deliciously creepy...I did enjoy him. Walter and his tweaker co-hort? Meh...I just didn't find myself terribly interested in them in the way that I was with Tony Soprano, Al Swearengen, etc.

Not watched them. I'm more into psychological horror stuff.

I don`t care for either of them.