What is about New York that makes its women particular masculine?

I often made the remark that women who live in New York City (or the Tri State area) are the most masculine in the United States. The most feminine would perhaps be the women of the mid west, Great lakes or the deep south. One doesn't see women in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, behaving the way... show more I often made the remark that women who live in New York City (or the Tri State area) are the most masculine in the United States.

The most feminine would perhaps be the women of the mid west, Great lakes or the deep south.

One doesn't see women in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, behaving the way these opinionated New York ladies do.

But my question is why?
Why are New York women so masculine?
We also see this brusque opinionated bossy attitude in Chicago, Philadelphia and Boston.

In regards to ethnicities in general, we can see that the Teutonic and Anglo Saxon race have women who are more masculine than those belonging to Italy, Spain, Greece,

But returning to NY.
Why is this?
Why do the women here (even if they are migrants) go through this development of a masculine attitude and behavior?