Can my parents stop me from going to the college I want?

I'm currently a senior and 17, and I'll be 17 up until like mid-semester of my first semester at college. I want to go to a school in a different city, but my parents are way overprotective. I'm not even exaggerating when I say they don't even let me go to our own backyard by myself. They would... show more I'm currently a senior and 17, and I'll be 17 up until like mid-semester of my first semester at college. I want to go to a school in a different city, but my parents are way overprotective. I'm not even exaggerating when I say they don't even let me go to our own backyard by myself. They would never even consider letting me move out for college. I really want this though. Not only is it a great school, I know I won't be happy staying back here. I need more freedom and independence. I'm tired of never going anywhere or doing anything just because they don't feel like it. I'm not irresponsible at all. Would it be possible for me to attend even without their support? I know them paying is an issue, but I think I could be able to qualify for some scholarships as I am currently valedictorian of my class. Thanks!
27 answers 27