Does this happen to your smartphone?

Was curious why my 8+ is capable of using the screen as an extension of the camera lens and I cant find any information on this. It only happens on certain messenger apps like facebook and skype and the entire right half of the phone up to 5 " acts as a camera lens. On reverse mode I can touch the glass... show more Was curious why my 8+ is capable of using the screen as an extension of the camera lens and I cant find any information on this. It only happens on certain messenger apps like facebook and skype and the entire right half of the phone up to 5 " acts as a camera lens. On reverse mode I can touch the glass anywhere on the right side and it records my finger as if its being hovered above the camera lens very clearly like its floating in air. Customer service acts like they have no idea what im talking about. I can do this on solo mode and also when in vid calls. Its problematic because when i'm typing on the keypad at the bottom of my phone it appears im waving my fingers at the camera lens and it makes people question why i'm doing that. Customer service doesnt give me any explaination why this is or can happen.they only ask me to try trouble shooting and updating the phone, when all I wanted was to know where in my booklets does it mention this feature and what is it for.
2 answers 2