My Cyperpower CP1500AVRLCD looks defective but I'm not sure?

I took it out of the box with the manual and everything put it aside on the table to give the manual a quick glance over to see that there is a bulge on one side with two white marks. taking the battery out it seems that the battery is fine and the bulge is coming from behing where the battery sits. Unfortunately I... show more I took it out of the box with the manual and everything put it aside on the table to give the manual a quick glance over to see that there is a bulge on one side with two white marks. taking the battery out it seems that the battery is fine and the bulge is coming from behing where the battery sits. Unfortunately I am not in a position i can send it back with warranty. I'm guessing it is unsafe to use and I'm out a ridiculous amount of money it took to import it? What exactly sits behind the battery housing area that would be able to bulge on an item that ships with no power and no damage to the box or anything else? looking through the air grate it looks like a heatsync.
Update: CyberPower.....
1 answer 1