Computer having min freezes?

Noticed it about a month ago and I have no clue whats going on. Im not super computer savy but i know the baseline stuff...Regaurdless of what im doing, if its typing, gaming, on youtube, anything...My computer have second has a mini freeze where it locks up for like .25 seconds and then catches itself up to whatever just happens. So if im going and flying somehwere for example then ill freeze and glitch ten yards forward to current time and it happens over and over and over and over. When I turn my computer off it will Completely freeze at my desktop when its shutting down. I can move my mouse but i cannot click on anything. All i can do is press the power button on my PC. Ive tried alt f4 to unlock it when that happens but literally nothing works except moving my mouse. I ran an antivrus and cleared up 8 gigs but i have 1300gb free so there is no way that was the problem. I suspected RAM but simply watching a youtube video or typing this I still experience the freezing. Not sure what to do at this point other then start replacing part but that will get expensive and I have no idea what it will be. Sorry for the grammatical errors and such.

My computer every second has a mini freeze*

Favorite Answer

These are generalized problems that Blues-Clues computing can guess. Bad Ram will cause system crashes and restarts, because Windows is programmed to BSOD or shut down whenever there is a computing error.

Lagging is most likely caused by a software problem. Either you have too many programs competing for resources, you have a driver error or a bad driver installed, or there is some sort of Rouge programs that's hogging resources. Pulling up Task Manager will show you hardware that could be bottlenecking the system or what programs are hogging resources.

These are suggestions if you haven't done them already: do a SFC /scannow, do a chkdsk (check disk) on both drives. Those scans often remedy problems. I assume you do regular defragmentation. Have you checked if all your drivers are up to date and if you use Windows Update, ensure all updates are current.