How the hell do students afford housing and food? Read details?

I’m a cc student. I will receive my associates this summer. I want to transfer to a school out of town. Thankfully my tuition and books would be covered. But housing and meal plans are more expensive than tuition and books themselves. Is it worth to take out loans for the two years I’ll be there? How much is off... show more I’m a cc student. I will receive my associates this summer. I want to transfer to a school out of town. Thankfully my tuition and books would be covered. But housing and meal plans are more expensive than tuition and books themselves. Is it worth to take out loans for the two years I’ll be there? How much is off campus housing? Unless I can get a good job I’ll probably have to take out loans after my initial $3000 run out.
Should I just go to my local university where I can graduate debt free? I want to move away desperately. I feel stifled at home.