Renting a room from a family member, what should I do?

I m a 19 year old full time college student being forced to work part time so I can afford monthly rent to my aunt ($200). I want to focus on school, but need to work to afford rent. She charges me no matter how much I make (the first few months I had to use savings to pay because I was on trial at my job). I think... show more I m a 19 year old full time college student being forced to work part time so I can afford monthly rent to my aunt ($200). I want to focus on school, but need to work to afford rent. She charges me no matter how much I make (the first few months I had to use savings to pay because I was on trial at my job). I think the amount of rent is unfair, especially considering I don t rely on her for anything (I buy and cook my own food, buy my own clothes, etc). I calculated my cost per month ($50 including water, electricity, and a wifi fee). The room is in a house in my grandparents home, and its the worst room in the house as it has a horrible draft and the radiator does not work in my room. She was originally charging me rent because I was not in school, but 4 months into paying I started attending college regularly. She also abides by no common courtesy rules, often blasting T.V. shows at Midnight when Im trying to sleep or when Im studying. I ve already paid her a total of $1,800 and have no proof of this aside from $200 being taken out of my bank account by me to pay. We did not sign a agreement nor have any witnesses. I don t want to pay unless its a lower price ($100-$150) and I have a contract. Should I just stop paying and demand a contract, or just suck it up and continue paying the $200?
14 answers 14