Depression gets really bad when I'm on my period?

i have depression due to various issues and i'm always worrying and just generally going through a hard time. however when i'm on my period i find it even harder to do things like get out of bed in the morning because i just don't see the point, even though i have school as a responsibility. also... show more i have depression due to various issues and i'm always worrying and just generally going through a hard time. however when i'm on my period i find it even harder to do things like get out of bed in the morning because i just don't see the point, even though i have school as a responsibility. also anything makes me cry like sometimes i'll be in class and suddenly imagine something really bad like family dying and i will start crying, so i have to excuse myself to go to the bathroom really fast before anyone sees.

last night I was sitting in my bathroom for about 4 hours just crying and I don't even know why.

anyone else with depression find it a lot harder on their period? and how do you cope?
1 answer 1