Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 2 years ago

What the hell is the "system password" and where can I find it?

My windows 10 won't start (I'm on another PC) and I can't access the BIOS because it asks for a system password.

@When I press <F2> it asks for the system password.

• David
    Favorite Answer

You need to contact the person who set up the password in the first place. You can try removing the CMOS battery for half an hour - this may reset the BIOS to defaults but often the BIOS password is stored in an EEPROM and you may have to return the computer to the manufacturer.

• VP

Why won't your system boot Win 10? What errors are you seeing?

Why are you trying to access your BIOS though? If your OS won't start, the solution will unlikely be found in the BIOS. What, specifically, is it doing when you try to start your computer?

To enter a system setup, press <F2> immediately after a power-on or re-boot. In the System BIOS or System Setup screen, select System Security and press <Enter>. The System Security screen appears. In the System Security screen, verify that Password Status is Unlocked. Select System Password , enter your system