Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 years ago

would sitting a laptop on an uneven surface cause it to over heat and shut down with a blue screen ?

I had been sitting my laptop on a non level surface ( a wooden chair that kind of reclined very slightly. not much, but slanted back a bit. ) and noticed that my laptops fans seemed to be running more than usual, but didn't think anything of it until I started getting a blue screen 1 x every few weeks. when windows had to shut down to avoid a crash, but now have the laptop again on a level surface and don't seem to be having problem anymore?

why that would be?

so this is why I probably got a blue screen saying there had been and error and windows needed to shut down unexpectedly to avoid a crash? simple over heating would cause this?

it only happened twice in 6 weeks (like one time every few weeks) would be concerned?

• Dave
    Favorite Answer

Yup, laptops need to sit on a hard FLAT surface for the vents to work properly.

When is the last time you blew out the vents with canned air? What are you doing on the laptop when it overheats? What laptop is it?

• Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

it took me awhile to figure out why it was doing it. so nothing. I thought it might just be a software issue ...as I had put in a bigger hard drive and redownloaded Windows 7 on it. so thought it might be a bad transfer or update.