Using self leveling concrete?

I'm wanting to level the concrete in my basement bathroom, and will be using self leveling concrete for my first time. I've watched some youtube videos on applying it and everyone is using a trowel to spread it after pouring it. So my confusion is this..If self leveling concrete is really self leveling,... show more I'm wanting to level the concrete in my basement bathroom, and will be using self leveling concrete for my first time. I've watched some youtube videos on applying it and everyone is using a trowel to spread it after pouring it. So my confusion is this..If self leveling concrete is really self leveling, then why do you have to use a trowel to spread it? If you need to trowel the self leveling concrete, then in reality it is not actually self leveling, and it would also be possible to not spread it correctly and therefore have thick and thin spots or an uneven surface when finished.
I wanted to use self leveling concrete to level my floor because I thought it would be an easy way to level the floor as I am not a professional concrete guy, but I'm worried about it not leveling itself now after watching people having to trowel it. I am a plumber, and have broken up several floors in my day to make repairs and then patched the holes back up with concrete again. But when it comes to leveling out an entire bathroom floor, I'm out of my element. Any advice about using the leveler? My room is about 10ft x 5ft than I need to level. the 5ft with of the room is sloping towards an old floor drain that that use to be in the bathroom that has now been abandoned. the side of the bathroom that had the floor drain is probably an 1 full inch lower that the other end of the room. This is the gap I need to fill and level. Thanks..