Buying a home at 25?

Hi. Me and my fiance has been together for 9 years and lived together for 6 years. He works as a computer programmer and Im a special ed teacher. We bring in around $8,000 a month. We’re currently renting a condo for 1,200 a month. I have been saving up ever since my first job and my savings is around $15,000 and... show more Hi. Me and my fiance has been together for 9 years and lived together for 6 years. He works as a computer programmer and Im a special ed teacher. We bring in around $8,000 a month. We’re currently renting a condo for 1,200 a month. I have been saving up ever since my first job and my savings is around $15,000 and he also has been saving up since 16 and has $11,000. We’re looking to buy a small home and we found this perfect home for $71,000. We will have to do some renovations if we do end up buying which is probably another $10,000+ and other costs for closing and fees. we’ll be putting down 20 percent down payment. We both have relatively good credit scores, 712 and 765. I was wondering if we are qualified to buy a home? Or are we too young for that? We’ve been planning on getting a home for half a year now and our wedding is in October 2019 and we wanted to get a home before our wedding so we can start a family right away.
10 answers 10